Golf Course Information
The spectacular Cobb Course offers a staggering range of variety with features including 51 sand bunkers, more than over 200 feet of elevation change and 8 lakes.
This one-of-a-kind golf course at The Resort at Glade Springs was designed by the prolific golf course architect, George Cobb, and is the only course he designed to bear his name. Stretching over 7,121 yards from the black tees, the Cobb Course has strategically placed fairway bunkers that will surely put your golfing skills to test.
Cobb Course holds pride with its place among golf courses in West Virginia and all of North America. Golf Digest consistently ranks the Cobb Course among the top 5 in the state. It has also been acclaimed by Golf Magazine as the #1 golf course in West Virginia in 2007. The 16th hole of the course is considered to be one of the most outstanding holes. The 420-yard par 4 is the first of three remarkable finishing holes, and golfers are forced to carry water three different times.
The Cobb Course at the Resort at Glade Springs is open to guests staying at the Resort, and to Members of the Glade Springs Golf and Country Club.
Golf Course Info
- Course: 18 Holes
- Course Type: Semi-Private
- Architect: George Cobb
- Opened: 1972
- Season: May-November
- Head Pro: Justin Beard
Golf Course Stats
- Tee Boxes: 5
- Back Par: 72
- Back Slope: 143
- Back Rating: 74.8
The Resort at Glade Springs is conveniently located at the juncture of Interstate 77 (West Virginia Turnpike) and Interstate 64 near Beckley, West Virginia.
Using I-64: take exit 125A (Beaver exit). Drive 1.5 miles on SR 307 South to light. Turn left at light onto US Route 19 South. The Resort at Glade Springs will be located 2.5 miles from this light on the left.
Using I-77; take exit 28 (Ghent exit). Follow SR 48 East 0.1 miles to US Rt. 19, and turn left onto Route 19 North. The Resort at Glade Springs will be located 7.5 miles from this intersection on the right.
Green Fees and Rates
May - September: $130
Cart included in greens fees.
Club rentals: $50
Bucket of range balls: $6
Tee Times & Reservations
Tee times must be booked in advance and are subject to availability. Tee times on the day of arrival are available after 2pm. The Resort at Glade Springs reserves the right to change course or tee time up to 7 days prior to requested tee time. No rain checks or refunds will be issued for golf that is included as part of a resort package.
Glade Springs Golf and Country Club Membership offers privileges at both The Resort at Glade Springs and Black Knight Country Club and includes:
* Unlimited use of The Leisure Center featuring steam, sauna, hot tubs, work out area, aerobics, yoga, indoor tennis, as well as basketball, bowling, video arcade, and cinema room.
* Complimentary use of the Glade Springs indoor and outdoor swimming pool
* Complimentary tennis on any of our indoor or outdoor courts
* Preferred friends and family rate on lodging at The Resort at Glade Springs
* 10% discount* on charges to your personal membership account
* Value card program offering up to 20% discount*
* Significant Discounts on Skiing and Rentals at Winterplace Ski Resort
* Camp Glade
* Exclusive member only events
* Complimentary Greens Fees on the Resort Private Cobb Course
* Complimentary Greens Fees on the Black Knight Course
* 50% discount on published Green Fees on the Stonehaven and Woodhaven Courses
* Dining at the Resort Private Glade's Italian Grill & Bar
* Members only dining at the Black Knight Clubhouse and Jimmy's Steakhouse
* Complimentary use of the Black Knight Swimming Pool
Please contact Memberships Director Rebecca Blaine at email@example.com for pricing and more information.
Golf Course Amenities
Pro On Site:
Homes On Course:
200, 150, 100 Yrd Markers and Sprinkler Heads Marked
Golf Instruction and Lessons
Each year, The Resort at Glade Springs hosts a Golf Academy featuring certified PGA Instructor Sarah Yost. Having been a PGA member for the past 11 years Sarah has worked beside a number of Top 50 instructors and touring professionals in the United States, including the Cranwell Golf School in Massachusetts, Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida and most recently as the Director of Instruction for the Faldo Golf School located in Marco Island, Florida.
The Golf Academy with Instructor Sarah Yost is available from April through June. Additionally, The Resort employs resident PGA pros year round who offer one-on-one thirty- and sixty-minute lessons
Please contact Head PGA Pro Justin Beard at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Contact The Resort at Glade Springs: Cobb Course at 888-329-2714 for more information and details on holding a golf outing at the course.
Contact the golf course for upcoming events.
Celebrate the West Virginia wedding of your dreams against a breathtaking backdrop of natural beauty.
The Resort at Glade Springs offers one of the most sought-after wedding reception sites in West Virginia and we specialize in making dreams a reality. It's a special time in your life and we're ready to help you plan an event to remember for your lifetime together.
Our scenic 4,100-acre property provides the perfect West Virginia wedding location for your ceremony and reception, rehearsal dinner, bridal shower and departure brunch.
You can choose both indoor and outdoor sites that provide spectacular views and unique settings for 20 to 300 guests. Ask about our special Vis a Vis carriage that's available to escort you around the property.
And we'll take care of your out-of-town guests as well.
Our on-site lodging options are some of the most flexible of any West Virginia resort, and are designed to fit almost any budget. Accommodations include:
* a 46-room inn with beautifully appointed traditional rooms and suites;
* 64 Executive Suites, newly renovated and featuring a plush living area and bedroom;
* 10 Chestnut Hill Lodges, extremely spacious extended-stay accommodations ideal for large groups, featuring a full kitchen, three bathrooms and large dining area and parlor;
* 3 Manor Houses, with amenities similar to our extended-stay Chestnut Hill lodges, these Houses are subdivided into 8 spacious extended-stay suites on two floors. The unique floorplan allows a guest to reserve just one suite, or up to all eight!
* 8 Oak Lane Villas, our premium accommodation, each a spacious home with room for up to twelve persons featuring beautiful views of our Cobb Course.
Restaurant and Dining Options:
The Resort at Glade Springs features a variety of dining options on-site:
* Glade's Italian Grill, semi-formal Italian famiglia-style dining.
* Bunker's Sports Bar, casual dining featuring classic American fare.
* Small-Talk Cafe, light dining, coffees and pastries.
* The Rotunda, serving daily breakfast to resort guests, the kitchen at the Rotunda can also cater tailored meals for special events. A new outdoor Pavilion adjacent to our clubhouse also serves as a venue for catered events.
Onsite Spa Services
Spa Orange, located inside of the Resort's Leisure Center, is a full-service day spa and salon featuring the following services:
* Full-body massages, including deep-tissue Swedish treatments, warm stone massage, aromatherapy massage, stretch massage, foot reflexology and pregnancy massage.
* Body polishes, including sea salt polish, aromatherapy polish and chocolate sugar body polish.
* Body wraps, including detoxifying wrap, rose petal wrap, "breathe easy" wrap with facial massage, and the signature "Spa Orange" wrap.
* Facials, including the signature "Spa Orange" facial, specialty facials for acne and rosacea, stem cell facial, gentlemen's facial, and the premium enzymatic and collagen facial treatment.
* A wide variety of manicure, pedicure, waxing and tinting treatments
* Full-service hair salon
Watch the The Resort at Glade Springs in Summer Video.
Watch the The Resort At Glade Springs: Cobb Course Video.
This profile was last updated on 06/15/2020 and has been viewed 18,869 times.