The Resort at Glade Springs: Stonehaven Course
255 Resort Dr
Daniels, WV 25832
Toll Free: 888-329-2714
Online Tee Times
Golf Course Information
The Stonehaven Course, a championship 18-hole golf course, is one of the most exciting and challenging golf courses in the mid-Atlantic region. Considered one of the best West Virginia golf courses, Stonehaven was ranked at the 3rd position amongst the golf courses in the state by Golf Digest's 2009/2010 edition.
Designed by Tom Clark, The Resort at Glade Springs' golf course was opened to visitors in 2003. It is a perfect complement to the legendary Cobb Course in terms of difficulty levels as well as unparalleled natural beauty surrounding the property. Consisting of 7,203 yards from the black tees, the Stonehaven Course has an amazing topography featuring a meandering path looping around both sides of the 69-acre Chatham Lake and through a forest of maple, beech, hickory, and breathtaking oak trees. There are striking rocks outcropping along the way, and extraordinarily dramatic elevation changes of up to 80 feet per hole. This West Virginia golf course also offers the greatest variety of par 3's and par 5's anywhere on the east coast.
Golf Course Info
- Course: 18 Holes
- Course Type: Resort
- Architect: Tom Clark, Ault Clark & Associates
- Opened: 2002
- Season: May-November
- Head Pro: Justin Beard
Golf Course Stats
- Tee Boxes: 5
- Back Tees: 7203 Yards
- Back Par: 72
- Back Slope: 139
- Back Rating: 74.1
The Resort at Glade Springs is conveniently located at the juncture of Interstate 77 (West Virginia Turnpike) and Interstate 64 near Beckley, West Virginia.
Using I-64: take exit 125A (Beaver exit). Drive 1.5 miles on SR 307 South to light. Turn left at light onto US Route 19 South. The Resort at Glade Springs will be located 2.5 miles from this light on the left.
Using I-77; take exit 28 (Ghent exit). Follow SR 48 East 0.1 miles to US Rt. 19, and turn left onto Route 19 North. The Resort at Glade Springs will be located 7.5 miles from this intersection on the right.
Green Fees and Rates
May - September: $130
Tee Times & Reservations
Tee times must be booked in advance and are subject to availability. Tee times on the day of arrival are available after 2pm. The Resort at Glade Springs reserves the right to change course or tee time up to 7 days prior to requested tee time. No rain checks or refunds will be issued for golf that is included in a resort package offer.
Glade Springs Golf and Country Club Membership offers privileges at both The Resort at Glade Springs and Black Knight Country Club and includes:
* Unlimited use of The Leisure Center featuring steam, sauna, hot tubs, work out area, aerobics, yoga, indoor tennis, as well as basketball, bowling, video arcade, and cinema room.
* Complimentary use of the Glade Springs indoor and outdoor swimming pool
* Complimentary tennis on any of our indoor or outdoor courts
* Preferred friends and family rate on lodging at The Resort at Glade Springs
* 10% discount* on charges to your personal membership account
* Value card program offering up to 20% discount*
* Significant Discounts on Skiing and Rentals at Winterplace Ski Resort
* Camp Glade
* Exclusive member only events
* Complimentary Greens Fees on the Resort Private Cobb Course
* Complimentary Greens Fees on the Black Knight Course
* 50% discount on published Green Fees on the Stonehaven and Woodhaven Courses
* Dining at the Resort Private Glade's Italian Grill & Bar
* Members only dining at the Black Knight Clubhouse and Jimmy's Steakhouse
* Complimentary use of the Black Knight Swimming Pool
Please contact Memberships Director Rebecca Blaine at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and more information.
Golf Course Amenities
Pro On Site:
Homes On Course:
200, 150, 100 Yrd Markers and Sprinkler Heads Marked
Golf Instruction and Lessons
Each year, The Resort at Glade Springs hosts a Golf Academy featuring certified PGA Instructor Sarah Yost. Having been a PGA member for the past 11 years Sarah has worked beside a number of Top 50 instructors and touring professionals in the United States, including the Cranwell Golf School in Massachusetts, Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida and most recently as the Director of Instruction for the Faldo Golf School located in Marco Island, Florida.
The Golf Academy with Instructor Sarah Yost is available from April through June. Additionally, The Resort employs resident PGA pros year round who offer one-on-one thirty- and sixty-minute lessons. Please contact head PGA Pro Justin Beard at email@example.com for more information.
Contact The Resort at Glade Springs: Stonehaven Course at 888-329-2714 for more information and details on holding a golf outing at the course.
Contact the golf course for upcoming events.
Our on-site lodging options are some of the most flexible of any West Virginia resort, and are designed to fit almost any budget. Accommodations include:
* a 46-room inn with beautifully appointed traditional rooms and suites;
* 64 Executive Suites, newly renovated and featuring a plush living area and bedroom;
* 10 Chestnut Hill Lodges, extremely spacious extended-stay accommodations ideal for large groups, featuring a full kitchen, three bathrooms and large dining area and parlor;
* 3 Manor Houses, with amenities similar to our extended-stay Chestnut Hill lodges, these Houses are subdivided into 8 spacious extended-stay suites on two floors. The unique floorplan allows a guest to reserve just one suite, or up to all eight!
* 8 Oak Lane Villas, our premium accommodation, each a spacious home with room for up to twelve persons featuring beautiful views of our Cobb Course.
Restaurant and Dining Options:
The Resort at Glade Springs features a variety of dining options on-site:
* Glade's Italian Grill, semi-formal Italian famiglia-style dining.
* Bunker's Sports Bar, casual dining featuring classic American fare.
* Small-Talk Cafe, light dining, coffees and pastries.
* The Rotunda, serving daily breakfast to resort guests, the kitchen at the Rotunda can also cater tailored meals for special events. A new outdoor Pavilion adjacent to our clubhouse also serves as a venue for catered events.
Onsite Spa Services
Spa Orange, located inside of the Resort's Leisure Center, is a full-service day spa and salon featuring the following services:
* Full-body massages, including deep-tissue Swedish treatments, warm stone massage, aromatherapy massage, stretch massage, foot reflexology and pregnancy massage.
* Body polishes, including sea salt polish, aromatherapy polish and chocolate sugar body polish.
* Body wraps, including detoxifying wrap, rose petal wrap, "breathe easy" wrap with facial massage, and the signature "Spa Orange" wrap.
* Facials, including the signature "Spa Orange" facial, specialty facials for acne and rosacea, stem cell facial, gentlemen's facial, and the premium enzymatic and collagen facial treatment.
* A wide variety of manicure, pedicure, waxing and tinting treatments
* Full-service hair salon
Watch the The Resort At Glade Springs: Stonehaven Course Video.
This profile was last updated on 12/27/2012 and has been viewed 10,721 times.